Strawberry Point Bluffs Annual Cornhole Tournament & Chili Cookoff
at “The Park” – 5333 Gallagher Blvd.
Saturday, September 16, 2023
3:00pm Chili Contest
Calling all cornhole & chili enthusiasts, amateurs, and sideline spectators!
Swing by the park on Saturday, 9/16 at 10:30 am to register for our annual Cornhole Tournament, see rules below. All ages and skill levels welcome!
Stick around afterwards for a double-header Chili cookoff for some oh-so savory, spicy, and sweet chili dishes. Bring your dish and enter for a chance to win the coveted “Golden Ladle” trophy. Sample the selection and vote on your favorite. More details are below.
- Arrive at 10:30 for registration and team drawing, first bags fly by 11am
- The entry fee is $20 per person, half of the entry fee goes to the park and the other half will go to the winning team.
- Each participant will be asked to self-rank their skill level at either a 1, 2, or 3.
1 = very consistent player who expects to get more than one bag in the hole each round,
2 = consistent player who can typically land the bags on the board with the occasional bag in the hole,
3 = casual player with inconsistent results
- The tournament will be a double elimination with a loser’s bracket format where each team is guaranteed two games. Winner of the loser’s bracket plays in championship.
- Teams will be randomly drawn pairing 1s with 3s first then 2s with whoever is left.
- First to 21, win by 2, CAN go over.
Please bring your chili in a covered Crockpot or kettle.
Bowls, spoons, napkins and sampling bowls provided. Bring any extras such as corn muffins and/or chili toppings to enhance your recipe!