Important Notice from your HOA board – We need your vote on a dues change
As we discussed at our annual HOA membership meeting in April to be able to properly fund our homeowners association we need an increase in our annual dues. With the two insurance policies we pay for each year (liability for the park and directors liability) and a few other annual fees we incur we use up about 80% of our annual dues without even contributing anything to our park property or spending anything to benefit our neighborhood. Assets at the park need annual maintenance and we need to be able to replace items when needed. We also need to be able to pay for legal fees when needed to uphold and defend our HOA building and use rules.
Back in 1973 the developer had set the dues at $30 per year. Based on inflation $30 in 1973 would equal over $170 in 2019 dollars based on inflation.
Your HOA board is asking for your vote to increase our dues to $125 per year effective with our dues payable next year. With our dues at $125 per year we would have proper funding each year to be able to run our HOA. Just like our own individual households the association needs proper funds to be able to pay its bills and be able to operate. As you know board member positions are volunteer. We need volunteers for our board each year to help run our association, and our board needs to have adequate funding to run the association.
You can download an absentee ballot here. We ask for everyone׳s participation in this very important vote.
We have a special meeting scheduled for July 16, 2019 at the Hamburg Township Senior Center at 7:30pm. Meeting attendance is not required for you to be able to vote. The meeting will be available for questions and discussion concerning this change in dues.
Thank you for your support
Your HOA Board members,
Marge Anders (313) 402-6240 email@example.com
Jim Dwyer (586) 899-4195 firstname.lastname@example.org
Beth Freiberg (810) 923-1389 email@example.com
John Greko (717) 254-9170 firstname.lastname@example.org
Craig Haitz (313) 909-9055 email@example.com
Frank Nelson (248) 767-3389 firstname.lastname@example.org
Prepayment / Reduced Dues Option
Having next year׳s dues paid early would help balance our HOA funds this year. With the successful passing of this ballot proposal we want to have an incentive for dues to be paid early. For those interested in taking advantage of this they can save on future dues payments and help the association at the same time.
Details on this are as follows:
- This option will be available with the passing our annual dues changing to $125 per year
- Savings is available for dues payable in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- The savings would be a $20 reduction in dues for each year you choose to pay.
- You choose how many years you want to pay (up to 3) by September 15, 2019
- If you send in a check for $105 you are paying for 2020 dues
- If you send in a check for $210 you are paying for 2020 & 2021 dues
- If you send in a check for $315 you are paying for 2020, 2021 & 2022
- This savings option will only apply to dues for the 3 years listed (2020, 2021, 2022), and is only offered if dues are paid by September 15, 2019
- Once the new dues amount has been voted in, payments can be mailed to: SPBHOA PO Box 612, Hamburg MI 48139-0612.
Your HOA board will post the results of this ballot proposal on our association website once the votes are all counted.
Your HOA Board members,