Planning meeting scheduled for Wednesday, May 5 @ 6:30 pm at the Park.
PR (aka Pig Roast) scheduled for Saturday, August 14. Many volunteer opportunities!
Questions? Contact Nancy Greko @ 810-772-0352
Thanks from your Co-chairs
Saturday April 3rd at 10:00am
There will be over 300 pre-stuffed Easter Eggs for the kids to “Hunt” for!
Don’t forget your basket to hold all your eggs!
We’re hoping for warm weather and sunshine, but please look at the weather so the kiddos are dressed appropriately!
Easter Bunny appearance at 10:30am
This years Pontoon Slip Drawing for 2021 will be held on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 7:00pm (sharp). The drawing will be held at the Strawberry Park and mask and social distancing are encouraged. A donation of $350 is required at time of slip assignment. The Pontoon Slip Drawing Rules can be read by clicking here.
We are in need of volunteers to fill vacant positions on the Joint Access Committee (JAC).
The JAC is a committee of four members of the Strawberry Point Bluffs Home Owners Association and four members of the Strawberry Hill Estates Home Owners Association. The JAC overseas the park and boat launch, to include, among other things, the daily operation of the park, making recommendations for capital improvements, and making recommendations for repairs and/or replacements of park furnishings and equipment. The park is a tremendous neighborhood asset and volunteers are need to ensure it stays that way!
If you are interested in volunteering please contact the SPBHA board at firstname.lastname@example.org or the SHEHA board at email@example.com
Updated 10/15/20: Cleanup will begin at 11am on Saturday October 17th. Any volunteers who can come down and help are very much appreciated! We hope to see you there!
It’s that time of year again when the weather has changed and we all begin to pull our boats off the lake for winter storage. The JAC will be removing the swim raft and buoys as well as the boat launch dock on October 17th. Picnic tables will be stacked and the portable toilet is scheduled to be picked up for the year as well.
Please remove all items from the kayak/canoe rack as winter storage of personal property is not permitted at the park. All pontoon slips must remove their mooring poles and access docks from the park as those are personal property and not to be stored at the park.
Thank you for another great summer at our park access!
When: Saturday, Sept. 19th with a Rain Delay Sunday, Sept. 20th
Where: Strawberry Lake Park, 5333 Gallagher Blvd.
Who: Community Members and Family Members Only
Time: Starts at 11:00 – Completion of Tournament
Teams: Based on skill level (please be honest)
Registration by September 13th – Text Steve Scheuring at (734) 660-0304 with the following information (Of course we will accept late sign up but early registration will assist with set up!):
- Name of Participant (please send a separate text with each participant)
- Best guess of your bagger level based on the following guidelines
- 1 Bagger – This player has limited to no experience with the game. There is little control over where the bag is going, and the bag often misses the board.
- 2 Bagger – This player has a feel for the distance needed to toss the bag but is erratic in getting the bag to consistently hit and stay on the board. Typically, this level of player is in the beginning stages of developing a consistent throwing motion that can be repeated.
- 3 Bagger – This player has started to develop some consistency when tossing the bag. They have a basic understanding of game strategy but have yet to master all the different types of throws including the airmail shot needed to excel and compete at the higher levels.
- 4 Bagger – This player fully understands game strategy but may struggle with consistency. At times, this player looks like they can beat anyone, but then in a subsequent game (or frame) can struggle.
- Premier – This player can and wants to compete against anyone. This player can execute sliding the bag and airmailing the bag as needed. Player fully understands game strategy and likely plays and practices on a regular basis.
Donation will be accepted at the park prior to the beginning of this fun filled event.
Side games will be available for additional donations.
Additional donations are welcome and encouraged!
Today Aquatic Services harvested the lake weeds in the swim area at the Park. We have 90% improvement. At least according to the children.
Thanks to Larry Gauthier for the negotiations which garnered us the additional weed services!
Your JAC is very grateful!
As we approach the middle of the summer the JAC would like to ask our community members to take a minute to review the rules posted at the park.
We have volunteers helping to raise money for our park by returning cans from the returnables bin. Please do not place trash in the returnables bin. We have 2 large garbage bins that are in the picnic area. If the garbage bins are not in the picnic area they have been placed out at the road for pickup by park volunteers. Please bring your trash out to the bins and not thrown in the fireplace or the returnables bin.
Please be courteous of others when bringing animals to the park. Our priority rules currently state that there are: No unattended animals. No animals in the beach area. Please clean up after your pets. No animals Friday-Sunday or on Holidays.
Thank you and have a great summer!
A cable has replaced the chain at the Park gate.
This is much lighter and easier to use. Please utilize the hook on the opposite post to hold the cable post when driving vehicles through.
Have a GREAT July 4th weekend!
There will be a JAC meeting this Monday evening, the 29th, 6:30 at the park.
On the Agenda,
Hope to see you there.