This years Pontoon Slip Drawing for 2021 will be held on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 at 7:00pm (sharp). The drawing will be held at the Strawberry Park and mask and social distancing are encouraged. A donation of $350 is required at time of slip assignment. The Pontoon Slip Drawing Rules can be read by clicking here.
When: Saturday, Sept. 19th with a Rain Delay Sunday, Sept. 20th
Where: Strawberry Lake Park, 5333 Gallagher Blvd.
Who: Community Members and Family Members Only
Time: Starts at 11:00 – Completion of Tournament
Teams: Based on skill level (please be honest)
Registration by September 13th – Text Steve Scheuring at (734) 660-0304 with the following information (Of course we will accept late sign up but early registration will assist with set up!):
- Name of Participant (please send a separate text with each participant)
- Best guess of your bagger level based on the following guidelines
- 1 Bagger – This player has limited to no experience with the game. There is little control over where the bag is going, and the bag often misses the board.
- 2 Bagger – This player has a feel for the distance needed to toss the bag but is erratic in getting the bag to consistently hit and stay on the board. Typically, this level of player is in the beginning stages of developing a consistent throwing motion that can be repeated.
- 3 Bagger – This player has started to develop some consistency when tossing the bag. They have a basic understanding of game strategy but have yet to master all the different types of throws including the airmail shot needed to excel and compete at the higher levels.
- 4 Bagger – This player fully understands game strategy but may struggle with consistency. At times, this player looks like they can beat anyone, but then in a subsequent game (or frame) can struggle.
- Premier – This player can and wants to compete against anyone. This player can execute sliding the bag and airmailing the bag as needed. Player fully understands game strategy and likely plays and practices on a regular basis.
Donation will be accepted at the park prior to the beginning of this fun filled event.
Side games will be available for additional donations.
Additional donations are welcome and encouraged!
Due to escalating COVID-19 concerns, our 2020 Pontoon Slip drawing has been postponed again. The new event date is TBD and more details will be available soon both via the entrance sign and here on the web. Stay safe out there.
Greektown Casino Bus Trip Fundraiser
Saturday, February 22nd, 2020
Presented by: PHS Act2 Theatre Company
For reservations please contact Maggie O’dell at 734-709-7332 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This Saturday, December 21, is our 2nd Annual Christmas Caroling event.Please meet at the Greko’s at 6 pm. Greko’s will provide new songbooks and Jingle Bells. Wear your festive Santa hats. Bring your own flashlights. It is dark. Cocoa and cookies and “Reindeer Games” at the Greko’s after caroling. If you would like to contribute to the cookie selection please bring at 6.Please dress accordingly.
HO! HO! HO!
Please join your friends and neighbors as we spread Holiday Cheer for an evening of Christmas Caroling.
Saturday, December 21st.
Meet at John and Nancy Greko’s
5206 Gallagher at 6 pm
Greko’s will supply song books and jingle bells.
Bring a flash light and your voice.
Carolers are welcome back to the Greko’s for Cookies and Cocoa and “Reindeer Games.”
If you would like to add to the cookie selection, please bring them at 6 for later.
Fire will be lit both inside and out.
The JAC will be hosting a Fall Clean-up at our park access to prepare the park for this winter. Items we are hoping to accomplish are as follows:
- Dock removal
- Picnic table stacking
- Moving park assets to the Porta-potty enclosure
- Leaf and stick removal
If you have pontoon boat in a slip or a boat/kayak/float-able on the boat rack please remove it asap. This year it is especially important to remove your belongings because a new seawall is in the works to be installed. During construction the shoreline needs to be fully accessable and the boat rack will be moved. Everything on it must be removed before shoreline repair can happen. This is what is currently on the rack.
Saturday’s Chili Cook Off and Cornhole Tournament were a huge success! The weather couldn’t have been more beautiful. Scott Treat was awarded the “Golden Ladle” for his White Chicken Chili. Many new faces at the park again. The JAC wants to give a special shoutout to Steve Scheuring for organizing the Cornhole Tournament which awarded the Committee several hundred dollars in donations for the Park. THANKS STEVE!
UPDATE: The picnic has been cancelled due to the expected rain this afternoon.
The JAC will be hosting another event at our park access on Sunday August 18th, 2019 from 2-6pm. Pulled pork and hot dogs will be supplied, bring a dish to pass.
All members are welcome, we’ll see you there!
Help the Joint Access Committee raise money to maintain the park.
When: Saturday, Sep. 14th Rain Delay – Sunday, Sep. 15th
Where: SPBHA and SHEHA Park, 5333 Gallagher Blvd
Who: Community Members & Family Members Only
Time: Starts at 11:00 – Completion of Tournament
$20.00 Per Person Donation Fee – Double Elimination
Registration and Donation is Required by September 7, 2019
Contact Steve Scheuring at (734) 660-0304 for Registration
Partners will be chosen by drawing
First Place Team – 20% of Collections
Second Place Team – 10% of Collections
Additional Donations are Welcome and Encouraged